Sunday, March 24, 2013

Preparing for pregnancy

I have been preparing for this pregnancy for  over a year. I guess it all started when I was actually pregnant with my daughter in 2010/2011. When I was pregnant with my older son, I wasn't exactly a model pregnant woman - I ate whatever I wanted and didn't work out. I didn't experience any complications however and delivered a healthy 9lb 11oz baby at 42 weeks gestation.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was seeing a midwife who helped me understand my nutritional needs better and encouraged me to make better choices for my baby. I ate better during this pregnancy than I did ever in my life and I felt amazing... well, as amazing as a pregnant woman could feel with nausea and constant aches and pains. I was still a lousy exerciser, lol. I again had a complication free pregnancy and delivered a 10 pound baby girl at 42 weeks gestation - my babies just like to hang around! ; )

After I had my daughter, I was already 20 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight (thanks morning sickness). I kept up my healthy eating during breastfeeding and joined a gym around nine months after she was born. After she weaned, my healthy journey really began to take shape. I worked out harder, ate better and committed to making big life changes. By the end of last summer, I was down 65 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight with my daughter.

After seeing a midwife, nutrition and a healthy lifestyle became very important to me which was why I was working so hard to better myself.

When I found out I was pregnant, I was absolutely thrilled. I always knew I wanted three children and knowing that our third was on the way was so exciting for our family. I was ready to face the morning sickness I had experienced with my last two and to continue my new-ish healthy lifestyle. To my surprise, the sickness stayed away and I had a happily uneventful first trimester. I was able to get my certification completed to become a Zumba instructor - something I had been longing for!

Overall, my pregnancy has been a dream and I fully believe it is because of the changes I made. I became a better and happier person who was very much looking forward to my final pregnancy journey : )

No comments:

Post a Comment